Montessori Personal skills and abilties assessment
Montessori Assessment. This is the ideal companion for Montessori 6-12 teachers who want to look at the holistic skills their learners know.
Divided into four sections:
Each section has a series of statements which you as the teacher can mark the current level of attainment using a simple rubric. The three rubric categories are Always, Sometimes, Not yet developed
For example under Self Management:
- can independently plan their own work day
- can articulate class rules
- chooses appropriate work
For example under Thinking:
- can prioritize tasks
- is open to changing their opinion when new ideas are presented
For example under Communication:
- asks questions of others
- aware of social conventions when communicating e.g. applause, introducing a speaker
For example under Collaboration
- can work successfully in groups
- has fun when working with others
- works well with classmates who are not the child's 'friends'
HOW TO USE
Older students can self assess themselves against the rubric OR you may want to assess children perhaps focusing on a 'theme' a term/semester.
* Great for goal setting meetings/reports
* These can be used for students to see their next steps