Great Story One Follow Up Materials
After the first great story there are a variety of activities and resource you may want to do or present
- Laws of the Universe. These are a series of experiments that show elements of the creation story. Some people then represent these in a quasi alternative version of the First Great Story which focuses more on the science aspect of creation
- Solar System including the planets and different phenomena such as meteors
- Layers of the Earth
- Seasons and features of the different hemispheres such as how the phases of the moon look different in different hemisphere
Seasons Tilt of the Earth – this is an expensive piece of montessori equipment so you may want to do a DIY instead.
- Physical Geography : Study Oceans and other bodies of water. You may want to look at landforms or adanced landforms
- Periodic Table or Elements – if you can access it you may want to use the atom structure board which uses marbles to help iillustrate elements. A cheaper alternative is to draw a diagram with the layers of the atom and use different colour counters to represent the layers.
Plate Tectonics such as Volcanoes and Earthquakes
Creation stories – especially looking at different creation stories
Students may want to undertake some type of research. Having an Inquiry template is one possibility to ensure that students to do something that is both challenging and achievable.
Interested in More Montessori Curriculum resource blog posts? Find them here
You can join my mailing list to get more Montessori resources, notifications of new products and news here