Montessori Measurement: Temperature
Are you looking for a resource you can dip in and out of for 5-10 year olds to teach temperature?
This resource is for you,
Designed by a Montessori and State trained teacher this resource is packed full of a variety of resources.
Includes materials to help students:
- Learning vocabulary to compare temperatures using everyday language.
- Describe relative temperatures using degrees.
- Understand how temperature affects the everyday things we do such as clothing choice.
- Read a thermometer and state whether a temperature is hot, warm or cold.
- Understand integers as they apply to temperature.
- Solve word problems involving a range of additive and multiplicative strategies and negative numbers.
- Record weather temperatures
Types of learning activities included
Clip and flip cards
Montessori 3 part cards
Exploration of volume through using cooking equipment such as cups, bowls and pots
You may also be interested in my other measurement resources including: